Friday, August 8, 2008

We've got to get the sleds out of the lake.


After the getting over my swim in the lake it was time to get busy on getting the sleds out. We did that the following week with the help of a dive team from Down East Maine and my sledding partners, Danny Fenton, Jerry Burke Bobby Joyal and Gerry Gingrass from Bear Country Power Sports in Errol. This was quite a day and I can't thank these guys enough for helping me get the sleds back and the support they gave me after almost dying the week before. I have to post some pictures of this to really give an idea what it was like. The week after we got the sleds out we went back up north for a party for Ray and Marie Chabot, put on by their friends. It's like a going away party because they spend the month of April in Fla. This experience has brought people into our lives that we would never have met, now they are like family. We will make it to the Sugar Shack sometime this summer to visit our Angels. After getting the sleds out of the water and to the shop Jerry went to work getting them running and what a job he did. He had Haley's sled running at sunset the same day, my sled took some more time because of the computers and digital stuff. But he did it and we put another 500 miles on the sleds before calling it a season. Besides the ice incident it was the best season of my life riding snowmobiles. To have my family involved in my favorite winter sport is a blessing. I didn't rush them back into it but at the party Haley was riding with the other kids like a pro across the lake, it was daytime and sunny. I don't think I'll get them on the lake at night ever again. And Linda and I had a blast riding in a 2 up duel track sled that's like a car, big fun. Linda and I did get one more trip in up north. The following weekend we went up and visited Ray and Marie, hung out and met some more of their friends, fed the deer, and it was time for big hugs and kisses and a so long for now. It was time to pack up the camper and get it out of the site before the ground started to thaw. We had to say goodbye to Karen and Timmy, the owners of Bull Moose Campground and get the camper home for some needed repairs. The winter was over and it was time to build Phyllis' house.